Network Management and Monitoring Workshop
This workshop is designed for engineers and system staffs at ISPs and large networks including academic networks who are involved with system management, network monitoring and management and problem response. The course is for those who need to manage diverse Network and NOC operations. There will be hands-on for three days.
By the end of this course you will be able to: Distinguish between network management and monitoring.
- Determined what should be monitored.
- Install various network management/monitoring tools.
- Track the changed on the network device’s configurations.
- Use SNMP protocol and log management.
- laptop with wireless capability.
- IPv4 addressing and general network concepts.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Salih Shihab
- Patrick Okui
|Time||Day 1: Sunday 14 August||Day 2: Monday 15 August||Day 3: Tuesday 16 August|
|09:00 – 11:00||Welcome, Introductions, Workshop Details||Cacti software||Nagios3 Software|
|11:00 – 11:30||Coffee break||Coffee break||Coffee break|
|11:30 – 13:00||Introduction to Network Monitoring & Management||Smokeping software||LOG Management|
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|14:00 – 16:30||Cisco Configuration Basics and SNMP||LimbreNMS software||Version control RANCID / WebSVN and NetFlow / NfSen|