IPv6 Fundamentals Workshop
Ready or not, IPv6 is here!
IPv6 was developed more than a decade ago, but now is being implemented by both service providers and companies alike primarily due to the lack of IPv4 addresses. This one day hands-on will cover IPv6 concepts, IPv6 Address Basics, and IPv6 basic configuration in a Cisco infrastructure. This workshop is suitable for network engineers, network operators or Systems/IT admin who are responsible about network operation in their organization.
This workshop will help to :
- Understand the differences and similarities between IPv4 and IPv6
- Know that deploying IPv6 will enable continued IP networking growth
- Understand the implications of running out of available IPv4 address space
- also to remove some of the fear related to IPv6 deployment and to enable it
- Sara Alamin Mohamed
- Salih Shihab Aldeen
- It is assumed you are familiar with common IP terminology and have practical knowledge of running an IP network.
- Participants should bring a laptop computer to participate in the lab, with 2GB RAM as minimum.
Date & Time
- Date: Saturday, x.x.x
- Time: 9:00AM - 3:30PM
- Internet Ecosystem
- IPv4 Exhaustion
- IPv6 Address Basics > notation, shortening rules
- IPv6 Address Types
- IPv6 vs IPv4
- transition mechanism
- Basic Configuration
Paste registration link here