The Domain Name System is one of those topics in IT that you hope is simple and straightforward even though you know everything in IT is complicated. And guess what? DNS is much more complex than first meets the eye! In this hands on focused class we start with the basics and work our way through all of the DNS complexity. The goal of the workshop is to enable the participants to understand the basics of DNS , How to build and activate a caching/authoritative DNS Server and also to understand the role of DNS on the Internet. This workshop is suitable Systems administrators and network operators responsible for the DNS services in their organization.
Anyone working with DNS in their corporate or carrier infrastructure will find this class worthwhile. IT technicians, Systems administrators,..
- Manhal Mohamed Mokhtar
- AlKhansaa Abdallah
- A good understanding of core TCP/IP concepts is a requirement.
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Students should have a reasonably solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
- Laptop with Wireless card working and minimal of 4G RAM
Date & Time
- Date: Saturday, 31 March 2017
- Time: 9:30AM - 4:30PM
What you will learn
- Learn the details of how DNS operates. Gain real world, practical DNS deployment and troubleshooting skills.
- Comprehend Basic concepts of DNS
- Learn how to host, dig, and nslookup
- Comprehend Domain name registration
- Comprehend Root zones
- Comprehend BIND 9 installation from source code
- Configure caching-only name server
- Comprehend DNS (Domain Name System) administration
- Set up Master DNS server and Slave DNS server
- arpa zones
- Delegate zones to other DNS servers
- Comprehend Resource Records
- Understand named logging
- Comprehend DNS zones
- Comprehend Techniques of DNS troubleshooting
- Comprehend Common BIND error messages