Building Cloud Infrastructure Workshop
Cloud Computing has completely changed the IT landscape of this world. It brings new tools, new concepts and new paradigms which has seen the emergence of new terms such as agility, devops, continuous delivery, continuous integration, automation, api, serverless, auto-scaling, self-healing, zero touch automation & deployment, big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence, predictive analytics and many more. The entire IT world keeps evolving very fast. We moved "slowly" from our traditional vision of the IT to "everything as a service", and now we are talking about "everything as code". How to understand this new concept and assemble the pieces of this new cloud ecosystem? How Cloud Computing brings to Africa the opportunity to strengthen and improve its infrastructure? How to think, design and build Cloud Computing based infrastructure in Africa.
- Participants should be familiar with Unix-style operating systems. The course is taught on Linux (Ubuntu or CentOS) but the environment will be familiar to people with a systems administration background on FreeBSD or Solaris.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX command line
- Good understanding of network basics (IP networking)
- All participants will need to bring a laptop with WiFi access.
System administrators,Network engineers and Network technicians who are running network devices like servers, routers and switches in their organization.
Date & Time
- Date: Sunday 4 Oct. to Tuesday 6 Oct. 2020 (Not Confirmed yet!)
- Time: 9:00AM - 3:30PM
- Concept and philosophy
- methodologies and processes (Agile)
- pipeline automation (continuous integration and continuous delivery)
- application architecture (micro services and API)
- deployment and packaging (containers with Docker and Podman)
- Automation with Ansible
- python programming
- build DevOps environment
- git (gitlab + gitlab-runner)
- OpenShift Origin / Kubernetes