Automation Tool: Ansible
Hands-on how to use automation in your network. Three day course
By the end of the workshop, attendees will know how to use automation with Ansible to ease the burden of consistent configuration of servers and network devices and how to choose what/when to automate.
- Participants should be familiar with Unix-style operating systems. The course is taught on Linux (Ubuntu or CentOS) but the environment will be familiar to people with a systems administration background on FreeBSD or Solaris.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX command line
- Good understanding of network basics (IP networking)
- All participants will need to bring a laptop with WiFi access.
System administrators,Network engineers and Network technicians who are running network devices like servers, routers and switches in their organization.
Date & Time
- Date: Sunday 30 Sep - Tuesday 2 Oct 2018
- Time: 8:30AM - 4:00PM
- Benefits of automation
- What to automate?
- What not (yet) to automate?
- Available automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Salt etc)
- What is Ansible?
- Installing Ansible
- How Ansible Works and its Key Components
- Playbook Basics
- Organising your roles
- Combining Ansible with other tools (bgpq3 etc)
- Sharing playbooks and revision management (git etc)