SdNOG meetings preprations
This page is intended to list all planning for activities related to the sdnog events.
sdnog meeting usually divided into workshops and conference. Each workshop will have approximately 30 -40 participants, and the conference which expected to have from 300 - 350 participants in 2 days.
|Day 1||Workshop #1||Workshop #2||Workshop #3|
|Day 4||Plenary Day 1|
|Day 5||Plenary Day 2|
- Style of event whether it is workshops or plenary or both.
- Number of expected participants per each day.
- Seating style whether it is round table, class room or theatre for each day.
- Time for breaks and lunch.
- Number of podium, headset, wireless and stands microphones.
- Number of projectors.
- Tables or any other special requirements.
- Number of chairs in the registration desk.
- Number of people in tech support table.
- Focal technical point.
- Focal catering point.
- Focal point for rooms reservations.
- Number of tea breaks and menu
- Lunch menu
- lead time for notification.
SdNOG Meeting Network Setup page contains the detailed about how to setup the network for SdNOG meetings.
Lanyards and Badges
The lanyards, and badge cases are once again being sponsored, and will be hand carried into Khartoum by Nishal. This year, the badge cases are size A6, ie. 105mm × 148mm. Badges will be double-printed; ie. the participant and sponsor details will appear on both the front and the back of the badge. The badge will need to be cut (likely horizontally), and then folded once vertically. Two badges should be produced per single A4 sheet.
More details on the badges and lanyards are on the badges and lanyards design page.
Overall Task Schedule
- EC: Event Coordinator - PC: Program Coordinator - FO: Financial Officer - TO: Technical Officer - MO: Media Officer - PR: Public Relation Officer
Completed: Task finished and documented if applicable.
Pending: Task not started yet.
Running: Started but not completed.
Cancelled: Task not needed for defined reason.
|1||Determine event dates||All||-||-|
|2||Determine event venue||EC||-||-|
|3||Presentation submission tool||PC||-||-||papers.SdNOG.sd|
|4||Open Call for presentations||PC||-|
|5||Publish final agenda||PC||-||Final agenda on the website|
|7||Close registration and select participants||-||-|
|8||Sponsorship||All||-||-||Thanks page on SdNOG website|
|11||Budget management||All||-||-||SdNOG Finance report published on the website|
|12||Video streaming||TO||-||publish it on sdnog Youtube channel|
|13||Promotional video||-||published on SdNOG website|
|15||Organization update presentation||-||-||-|
|16||Volunteers||EC||-||-||Thanks page on SdNOG website|
|17||Photography||-||-||-||Upload the meeting photos on Flickr|
|18||Event (facilitators/ presenters)||-||-||-|
|19||Event network setup||TO||-|
|20||Logistics for speakers||EC||-||Visa + accommodation + customs|
|21||Opening ceremony/invitations preparations||-||-|
|22||Event materials packing||All||-|